Your GP will not provide a free sick note for periods of illness that is less than 7 days. You can complete the statement of sickness form on the HMRC website. Give it to your employer as proof of illness and the claim your statutory sick pay.

For periods of sickness of more than 7 days please click on the link below for e-Consult to request a sick note, or to extend a current sick note.